Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications and Experience
- BA (Hons) Humanistic Counselling
- EMDR Accredited Practitioner
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- PG Certificate Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- PG Couples Counselling Advanced Certificate (Using the Arts)
- Couples Therapy for Depression (The Tavistock Centre for Couples Relationships)
- Certificate Bereavement and Loss
- Training in Child Psychology
- Bliss Counsellor (for babies born ‘too soon, too small, too sick’)
- School Counsellor (2007-2010)
I currently divide my time working in the NHS as a Senior Primary Care Counsellor/Psychotherapist and my own Private Practice
- I am an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- I am an Accredited Member of EMDR Association UK and Ireland
- Registered with the United Kingdom Register of Independent Counsellors and Psychotherapists (UKRCP)
(Accreditation is a process which takes time, experience and training to achieve and therefore assures you of a high standard of professional and continued care)
In addition to the above qualifications and as part of my continued professional development, I have undertaken/attended a significant number of courses/workshops/conferences relating to issues arising in counselling/psychotherapy.
I also have had extensive training in working creatively with adults, children and couples. This can involve the use of art, writing, clay, music and sand tray work which offers another dimension to those who sometimes find it difficult to voice what is troubling them.
I attend regular supervision for my work and I am bound by the BACP Code of Ethics.